Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Hiding Posts on All Discussions page

edited April 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I am looking to have posts from a specific category (lets say category id #2) not to be displayed when looking at the All Discussions page. The category and all of its discussions should still be accessible, but I just don't want them listed on the All Discussions page.

Just wondering how I can go about doing that. Perphaps someone wants to take a stab at creating a plug-in?

Comments

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited April 2010
    I've thought about creating a customizable "All" Discussion view. It's one of those "when I get to it" issues for now, unfortunately. +1 for a good idea, though.
  • Options

I know this is a really old thread but I've searched for a plug-in solution and haven't found one.

If I "hide the category" then the posts aren't searchable.

I wish I knew enough to create a plug-in but unfortunately I don't. Would someone like to try?

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Maybe this will work, but I do not know how it behaves on searches: http://vanillaforums.org/addon/excludecategories-plugin

• Options

Thanks RJ, but I tried that one and it didn't work. :(

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Maybe if you elaborate what did work and what did not work, I can look at it. Is it "only" the search results?