Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Try Vanilla Forums Cloud product
Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.

Recent Activity

edited May 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.3
Is there any way I can enable or have "recent activity" just like the one here on this forum?

-tim

Comments

• Thanks!
  • @dykam Is there anyway to get just this feature from here?

Also, can you please confirm that this works on Vanilla 2 RC1?

Thanks
  • I'm not using this Theme,you'll have to figure out yourself.
  • The theme isn't working in the latest version of vanilla 2
  • @becool I just copied the file hooks.php into the default theme. It worked for me.
  • @sjoerd Yea, I really wanted the vanilla forums theme for Vanilla 2 RC1 but saw it was supported. So I settled for just trying to get the "recent activity" until a full compatible version came out. Oh well. Perhaps @mark can fix this for us? :)

@Detective Thanks. I will give it a try and report back with any thing I find

• My version is V2 release

i use theme is vanillaforums.org

want use "Recent Activity"

but it isn't working

i hope it in my V2 working

or i need how to , who help me

thank you all ^^
  • RaizeRaize vancouver ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    it seems to be a new feature that they added with the newest redesign of the forum, and i guess we will have to wait until it's released as a plugin or as part of a future version of vanilla 2
  • yep! ok~

will wait it ^^
  • RaizeRaize vancouver ✭✭
    it should be soon...i can't wait either

i think it was a perfect way to tie all the social aspects of vanilla together in an easy to see box...forums will never be the same
  • ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    The recent activity is part of vanilla core and you should have it. If you imported from Vanilla 1 you won't see anything there because there weren't any activities to export.

We didn't put the link to recent activity, but you can edit your theme and put a link to /activity there.
  • hginlihginli New
    edited July 2010
    my /applications/dashboard/modules

have a class.recentactivitymodule.php

it write

/**
    * Renders the 5 most recent activities for use in a side panel.
    */

i think it is "Recent Activities" module

i need how edit

need use vanillaforums.org theme hooks.php !?

can help me !?

thank you all ^^
  • ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Oh shoot, you're right Dykam. For some reason I thought you were all talking about the the activity stream page. Looks like @Raize had the correct answer.
  • I just downloaded the theme that Dykam pointed too, but there's no Recent Activities in the sidebar, and no hooks.php file...

Any help? I'd like to have a Recent Activities box in the sidebar on the default theme.
  • remoukremouk New
    edited November 2010
    Considering the needs, I created the simplest addon to do that: http://vanillaforums.org/addon/recentactivity-plugin

Hope it helps!