Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

So... I nearly bought an iMac today....

Comments

• Options
    Still another 1 or possibly 2 weeks to go until I get the iMac, starting to think shoulda ordered from apple.com :-(
  • Options
    3stripe3stripe ✭✭
    edited November 2005
    I'm getting the jitters now, maybe I should pay the extra £200 for the 2ghz G5 instead, and save up for a nice screen further down the line???? In the long run I might regret not going for that.... arghhh... not sure.... help!
  • Options
    Well, as your lawyer, I'd say that if you are going to have some heavy use on it like doing graphics or some of that nature, you should go for the G5, but if you just want a new machine that packs a punch and is going to be the coolest looking machine and center piece of your life, you are fine with the iMac. But why should you take my advice, I'm just a cartoon.
  • Options
    3stripe3stripe ✭✭
    edited November 2005
    Hmm. Well I'll be running Reason and Photoshop a lot, and they both could do with plenty o' memory.... hmmmm... haaaaaaa.....
  • Options
    Well, both Reason and Photoshop are familiar products to me and I can say that I'm confident that if you up your system memory to 1gig, you won't have any problem. It's a common mistake to think that iMac is comparable to cheap ass PCs in speed, but it's actually pretty swift.
  • Options
    3stripe3stripe ✭✭
    edited November 2005
    Yeah I've got some extra ram on order too.... My sub-thinking on this goes like this: In 3 years time when the iMac is getting too slow for my main computer... bam... move it into my kitchen or living room, and I've got a very tasty media hub thingie. Couldn't do that with a G5 so easy... Of course by that time I'll be rich and will get a G7 Macintel with quad processors or whatever...
  • Options
    Well then I think that iMac suits your needs way better, and believe me, 3 years is not that much on Macs life, I have a friend and he is a photographer and has the older model PowerBook around 3-4 years old or so, I guess it's the Titanum series. And he tosses around Nikon RAW images around the size of 40megs just like nothing.
  • Options
    3stripe3stripe ✭✭
    edited November 2005
    My new iMac :-)

Finally got it today :-)

(Notice the now relegated PC mouse sulking in the background...)
  • Options
    /me sheds a tear "Such beauty should not be in this ugly world"
  • Options
    I'm actually going to have to set up some more lights in my room, really making my eye hurt right now!
  • Options
    I hope you're aware as to how jealous I am.
  • Options
    3stripe3stripe ✭✭
    edited November 2005
    This jealous maybe???? <---------------------------------------------->
  • Options
    gigi, let's get him when he sleeps... whoops, should have whispered that one.
  • Options
    3stripe: nowhere near enough. /me starts praying for backpay from the NHS to come.

Kosmo: Use those teeth!
  • Options
    rawr
  • Options
    lemon curry?
  • Options
    Well I've realised I've bought a new computer every 3 years for 9 years now... it's fooking pricey!
  • Options
    So that's what? A pound a day? Could be worse.
  • Options
    I have an iBook and a Mac Mini on route to me to join my iMac :D
  • Options
    I usually don't count the whole sum of anything, I usually think that I have the money, what else would I do with it. Like, if you buy a 2,000€ computer, you have that 2k it doesn't appear magically from somewhere just to buy a computer, it's not that you wouldn't use it for anything else, that your bank account would forever be that 2k heavy if you didn't buy that computer. I have the money, I use it, the world keeps on spinning, I keep bitey happy and he doesn't bite me.
This discussion has been closed.