Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Tinymce

Comments

• Options
    Version number changed from 1.1 to 1.2.
  • Options
    Here, it is shown that the actual version is 1.2. But I can only download 1.1...
  • Options
    You're quite right fseidl, there's a version mismatch between the extension and the add-ons site.

Schiz, while you're at it, would you mind deleting the __MACOSX directory and the .DS_Store files from the archive when you next upload? They're bugging the hell out of me :P
  • Options
    Can't see it in IE either... :/
  • Options
    If you are creating zip archives on a Mac,
    use DS_Store Cleaner on the folder before zipping it.

Posted: Friday, 6 April 2007 at 10:02AM

• Options
    lipa whats ur website
  • Options
    I just installed this and found it works pretty well in Firefox (Mac). But I cannot get tinymce to appear at all in Safari (no surprises there) or MSIE 6 for Windows XP (big surprises there). Here's a tinymce browser compatibility chart that clearly shows support for MSIE 6 on Windows XP. But I am not seeing it appear! I double-checked all my files and everything was installed in the proper directories on my server -- but no surprises there because if I made such a mistake it wouldn't work in Firefox!

So because tinymce supports Internet Explorer in Windows, and since I have found it not to work, I must assume something has gone awry with this Vanilla extension. I turned the extension off and then on, but that did not fix the problem.

Yet another problem is that I am not seeing the Japanese translation appear, even though I properly installed the "ja" language pack for tinymce. I double check my installation path for each file in the /lang directories and everything is okay. But it's not showing up in Firfox even when I force the Vanilla interface to Japanese or when I force the browser encoding to Japanese.

Thoughts?

Thanks.
  • Options
    I'm looking into the IE issue

as far as language is concerned you will have to ask that over at tinymce forum
  • Options
    Thanks for the fast reply.

As to tinymce support, there is a forum but it appears that people with Japanese needs like mine are out of luck. And if you want support above what their forum offers, you have to pay for it with no guarantees they can solve your problem. Hmmm.

Well, I look forward to hearing your IE test results.

UPDATE: I have reported my FCKeditor thoughts here.
  • Options
    Uploaded version 1.3 of Tinymce.
  • Options
    Uploaded version 1.3.1 of Tinymce.
  • Options
    Uploaded version 1.3.2 of Tinymce.
  • Options
    ok unicode accented characters work now. There is a HorseShoe symbol. use that for accented characters
  • Options
    I just installed the addon however the width of the "Enter your comments" box is wider then my forum posts and it overlaps into the panel on the side. Is there anyway that I can change the width of the Tinymce window?
  • Options
    let me fix that.
    I think i know whats causing it
  • Options
    Uploaded version 1.3.3 of Tinymce.
  • Options
    Is there a trick to get this gadget to show up?
    I turned off QuickTags and don't have any other formatter active.

Posted: Saturday, 7 April 2007 at 8:28PM

• Options
    no trick. it should just work
    u did download Tinymce from moxiecode site right?
  • Options
    Wanderer, even if you did download tinycme and properly install it along side this Vanilla extension, if you are using Safari no trick in the world will make it show up. Also, if you used the same version of this extension I did, then it won't show up in MS Internet Explorer 6 for Windows either (I haven't yet tested version 1.3.3 to see if the IE bug is fixed).
  • Options
    Didn't realise it was 2.8Mb!
    It was still uploading in the background!

Posted: Saturday, 7 April 2007 at 8:49PM