Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

JQThickBox

Comments

• Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    I've added little_peet's modification to the core...
  • Options
    Smart - so in order to keep server load down, I should remove those checks I added in 1.1.3 yes?
  • Options
    Nope, the check (an if statement) is less intensive as calling an other function that does the same check. With check it does: check if needs modification. No Done Without check it does: Assign values to object call object function check if needs modification. No Done Only if the settings need changing you have one if check more, but updating needs are far less as no-updating needs.
  • Options
    Uploaded version v10-3.1 of JQThickBox.
  • Options
    v10-3.1 Released 2007-09-19 + Updated to ThickBox 3.1 + Changed the default JS file to the minified version instead of packer. Please change line 37 if you would rathe use the packed version. Gzipped versions are also included for use if your host supports them.
  • Options
    After installing the update, I get the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: includejquery() in /home/content/S/c/o/Scorpious/html/forum/extensions/JQThickBox/default.php on line 35

Any ideas?
  • Options
    Ok, I took out the line that had includejquery() in it, since it wasn't in the old version of JQThickbox's default.php... now all that happens is the loading animation pops up and Thickbox hangs. But it still goes away if you click like it normally would.
  • Options
    Ok, before I screw this thing up any further... Is there a reason the thickbox.ie.css file was left out of the new default.php, or should I add it back in?

Right now all I'm getting is the loading animation, regardless of whether that CSS file is added back in or not... so right now I'm completely lost anyway.
  • Options
    jquery needs to load first.
  • Options
    Eh, my mistake, I forgot to mention that you need the new JQuery v13-1.2.1 extension as well. I'm just about to upload a new copy of both JQuery and JQThickBox, download them both, make sure JQuery is enabled first and all should work.

Sorry, been a bloody long week :/
  • Options
    Uploaded version v11-3.1 of JQThickBox.
  • Options
    v11-3.1 Released 2007-09-21 + added minified, packed, gzipped versions of Thickbox 2.1.1 in the /old/directory for use if people would rather use this instead of 3.1 - you never know. Simply uncomment a line in default.php and comment another. It's marked up in the code. + Should have mentioned this in v10-3.1, but this now requires the Vanilla JQuery extension v13-1.2.1 or higher due to the way it now calls JQuery.

Please update your JQuery extension to the latest version. This should solve any problems you are having with JQThickBox.
  • Options
    Aaaaaah..... that makes sense. Didn't see the update to JQuery.

I'll try that then.
  • Options
    Ok, I updated everything to the latest version, still had the same problem. Deleted everything for JQuery, JQMedia, and JQThickbox (and InlineImages for good measure), reinstalled the newest Jquery and activated it, reinstalled the newest JQThickBox and activated it, reinstalled InlineImages and activated it, and finally reinstalled the newest JQMedia and activated it. After all of that, same problem. I give up now. Could someone log in on my forum and tell me what I'm doing wrong? Contact me on MSN at djscorpious@hotmail.com and I'll give you access to whatever you need, I have the forum set up to block out guest users.
  • Options
    Here's the error I'm getting in IE7 whenever I try to click on an image on my forums:

I don't know how much this helps, but it's the same error on every thread that has an image attachment.
  • Options
    Sorry that's link's not working... had DNSissues this end, better now... have requested auth on MSN.

P.S. stating the bleeding obvious, but have you cleared your browser cache?
  • Options
    Scorpious has found an irritating little bug in ThickBox 3.1 (I swear I tested it and it worked previously, hey-ho). Basically it doesn't work with InlineImages right now as it tries to serve the images up as html/text - not helpful.

Well, I've found a solution to this (not sure what else this breaks, asking on the TB forums) which is to change line 76 of thickbox-3.1.js from: var urlString = /\.jpg$|\.jpeg$|\.png$|\.gif$|\.bmp$/;
    to this: var urlString = /\.jpg|\.jpeg|\.png|\.gif|\.bmp/g;
    I will release an updated extension as soon as I have time. In the mean time, this hotfix will mean that you can't use the minified, packed or gzipped versions with InlineImages for the time being unless you recreate them yourselves.
  • Options
    Uploaded version v12-3.1 of JQThickBox.
  • Options
    Thanks for the fix Stash, this is working fine so far for me. Doesn't seem to be causing any problems with anything else on Vanilla and TB appears to work just fine with that change to the js file.
  • Options
    does this only work with attached pictures?
This discussion has been closed.