Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

JQThickBox

Comments

• Options
    well possibly.. but if thickbox's function is to show the same image in the same or smaller size, i dont get the point of it..
  • Options
    [-Stash-] yea thats more like what i have in mind. I assumed it would make or show as thumbnail and show full size on popup.

edit. i got it (displaying thumbnail) to work this way: i hardcoded this line in extentions/InlineImages/image.php
    $MaxWidth = 125; //$Context->Configuration['INLINEIMAGES_MAX_WIDTH'];
  • Options
    You should just be able to change that width in the extensions tab in your forum... look in the left panel... but anyway, that's an Inline Images support question, so if you've got a problem with that you should take it there ;) Glad it's working for you now anyway.
  • Options
    yea i know that setting, it wasnt having an effect, but i will take that issue there as you say. thanks for all help so far, and i hate to be a bother, but what about the fact that it downsizes in the popup? can this size be set. is there a max size in there somewhere perhaps?
  • Options
    On that link you sent me I see an image of an old computer game, when that appears in the TB it's not smaller - it's the same size. S please show me an example...
  • Options
    Your browser window/screen res is too low to display it full size. TB shows the source image as large as it can up to the size of the window, minus an amount of padding - this is standard behaviour for TB. On my screen the image displays at its native dimensions as I have a 1600×1200 screen resolution.

Try making your window smaller and clicking on the file again, you will see that it's even smaller as TB automagically resizes the image to best fit in the window. This is how it's supposed to work. There may be a way to force it to display at 100% and have scroll bars, but I don't know what that option is yet. I shall have a look.
  • Options
    Ah ok. Then maybe a way of adjusting the padding would be better? And/or a direkt link to the image if u want to see full size? Anyways thanks for your assistance on this topic!
  • Options
    And/or a direkt link to the image if u want to see full size?
    This is beyond my coding skills, you might try asking on the TB3 Nabble thread.
  • Options
    hey stash,

i tried resizing my window and doing so does indeed change the size of the thickboxed image, but not only is that's smaller than the inline image (which is 500px). the original is 550px =/

http://www.popcultureshock.com/forums/discussion/1/forum-features/
  • Options
    @chanzero: looks like exactly my issue
  • Options
    Sorry guys, but as I said, this one's beyond my limited skill range. You can hack the thickbox.css file around an lose the various borders and margins which would make your images display a little larger, but it won't help all that much.

chanzero, that "The Last Man" cover rocks - nice forum ;) FWIW, that image displays at its full 550px width for me, but again, that is down to screen resolution, so anyone running much less than 1600×1200 won't get it full size. You would do better to set the max width in Inline Images to a smaller value, such as 125 pixels, as you will then get proper thumbnails that will almost always get bigger when you click them. Also, a max width of 500px will still result in pretty large files, and therefore lots of bandwidth useage/slow loading for people on slower connections.

Please do go and ask on Nabble.com how you can make it so that when you click on the TB image you get taken to the original image in a plain window. If you get a decent result I'll gladly add it as an optional feature to JQThickBox.
  • Options
    The whole point of thickbox is to take a small image ~100px and show it as large as possible, upto original size plus not requiring scrolling
    If ur using inline images with 500px, u don't need thickbox.
  • Options
    thanks guys. i can live with smaller inline images -- and in fact be better off for it as you point out -- i just need to show up at the original size. if it were just going to be images which were under 500px wide that's ok since they could fit inline (even if they killed loadtimes, but that's another story) -- but i know people will want to post stuff wider than the size of the thread

anyway thanks again and i'll look around on nabble too
  • Options
    @chanzero: yea thats my thing too. i want either embeding images at up to 800 width, or displaying thumbnails that will show in original size if clicked, or some soulution with both. having it resized to fit screen isnt what im after as that would be fine for inline, but not when a user clicks on it to see it better. resizing does lessen the quality... If u find anything, please let me know :)
  • Options
    Remember, I'm willing to add it as an option if you find a solution ;)
  • Options
    Off-Topic... Damn those nabble forums are nice.

Very special implementation of threaded forums, the first one that actually makes somd sense to me
    (i.e. the 'collapse' feature as well as the vertical bar to follow when scrolling down the page). Very
    smart indeed.

No nonsense, all the info & features you need, blazingly fast. Shame they're hosted (I'd never use a
    hosted service).
  • Options
    u want fullsize when u click sol: disable thickbox u want fullsize when u click and inside thickbox sol: idiotic. it can potentially make the iframe scrolling. though easy to make it into this idiotic solution. u want all images to be displayed as thumbnails if larger than 200px (for eg) and when u click u get the max possible without scrolling sol: use thickbox. u want to create a nice gallery of images all nicely aligned. u click to get the max possible sol: use thickbox u want the click to be thickbox, but a link "Fullsize image" just underneath the image sol: http://lussumo.com/community/?CommentID=63472
  • Options
    thanks schizo, that last one is probably the best solution. my users will like it because they can post big images for each other if they really need or want to, but most of the time can use the neat-o thickbox. and actually i am wary of really big images inside iframes and such as i've encountered situations where the necessary controls are not onscreen due to the large image dimensions

• Options
    yes, i will go for the last one as well
  • Options
    You may be interested in this: http://exhibitq.com/talk/discussion/3/#Comment_38
This discussion has been closed.