Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

LightGallery

Comments

• Options
    alight, alright I will do it :D btw. jimw's problem is solved. it just did not work on localhost for some strange reason // edit: sorting by date done in 0.0.1 beta. gonna upload it tomorrow if nothing new comes up
  • Options
    awesome! I'm still learning php, spent over an hour on it and gave up for the time being :)
  • Options

LightGallery 0.0.1 beta

Changelog:
    0.0.1 beta
    fix: support BaldursBox which is actually not even public as of the moment of this release
    new: sort images by date instead of file name (config)
    fix: editing settings.php no longer required for update

0.0.1 alpha
    new: support BaldursBox which is actually not even public as of the moment of this release
    fix: filemtime instead of md5 => much faster, but new thumbs required
    new: style.css for LightGallery
    new: pagination

update from alpha only if you want your images sorted by filetime!
    0.0.1 final coming soon ;-)

Download (read readme.txt)
  • Options
    I'm trying out your extension and I uploaded 2 pics to it but only one displays.

http://hm.wolfdragon.net/forum/extension.php?PostBackAction=LightGallery
  • Options
    solution: upload smaller images or change hoster
    reason: open http://hm.wolfdragon.net/forum/extensions/LightGallery/thumb.php?img=Nicora/WoWScrnShot_072907_210054.jpg in internet explorer
  • Options
    I'll translate for AlexL - your current hosting doesn't allocate enough memory to you in order to resize an image that large. Therefore, either ask you host to increase your memory (or move to a host that will give you more memory), or upload smaller files!
  • Options
    So how can we allow users to upload pictures to the gallery? thanks, wayne
  • Options
    Sry, that feature is not part of LightGallery. I'm working on a "bigger" version already, but have no idea when or even whether I will get it done.
  • Options
    In case you would like to see the list of albums formatted a little better in the SidePanel, make the following mod. Instead of using Panel->AddString, you can use Panel->AddList and AddListItem:
    // some space //$Panel->AddString('<br><br><h1>Albums</h1><br>', 100); $Panel->AddList('Albums', 1); /*jimw*/ foreach($cats as $cat) { // count images in each category $counter = 0; $images = getFileList($cat); foreach($images as $image) $counter++; /*$Panel->AddString("<a href='" . GetUrl2('extension.php?PostBackAction=' . LightGalleryID . "&cat=$cat") . "' class=catlink>$cat</a> ($counter)<br>", 100);*/ $Panel->AddListItem('Albums',$cat.' ('.$counter.')', GetUrl2('extension.php?PostBackAction='.LightGalleryID."&cat=$cat")); /*jimw*/ }
  • Options
    Thanks AlexL and Stash. Could I also make the thumbnails manually and upload them? Would that work too?
  • Options
    @ jimw, thx I will give it a try

@faeldray, yes. all you need is the right filename. in default.php around line 276 there is a $thumb = ...
    add to the echo line after that:$thumb<hr>so the last line looks like:"' border=0></a>$thumb<hr>";

then just put your thumbnail(s) in the thumbs dir
  • Options
    Uploaded version 0.0.1 of LightGallery.
  • Options
    I am getting this error, out of the blue:

A fatal, non-recoverable error has occurred
    Technical information (for support personel):

Error Message
    The "LightGallery" class referenced by "LightGallery" does not appear to exist.
    Affected Elements
    ObjectFactory.NewObject();

Can't seem to figure it out...
  • Options
    Can anyone tell me if i could embed YouTube Videos , instead of pictures this way?

Thanks,
    Wayne
  • Options
    You could use the JQMedia plugin for that..
  • Options
    Really, :P that's awsome, would it be easy to do?
  • Options
    Try it and see..
  • Options
    is it possible to make a gallery that every user can have an album

one more thing,
    when u click on the images they get HUGE,
    well some of them do anyway
    and when they do u have to scroll to the other side to find the next button

how hard was it making this gallery?
    jw
  • Options
    Hi there.. I am new here, and new to Vanilla. I am loving it, and it suits the purpose we have in mind perfectly. Just trying to fine tune some things to our needs. Have installed Light Gallery and it is working well. I was just hoping someone could point me in the right direction to do some edits. On the page that shows the 'thumbnails' after you have selected a category... I would like to be able to put a link in there. A 'back' link so that it takes people back to the gallery page. Has anyone managed to do this... or know where in the coding I might look to try it?? I am definately not a coder, but I can find my way around to change things etc. Cheers
  • Options
    is it possible to make a gallery that every user can have an album
    one more thing,
    when u click on the images they get HUGE,
    well some of them do anyway
    and when they do u have to scroll to the other side to find the next button
    how hard was it making this gallery?
    jw