Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Collapsible Panel

Comments

• Options
    Ok, I'm not sure what I exactly did, but after clearing Firefox & Mootools' cache and numerous reinstallations of both Collapsible Panel & Mootools, everything seems to work fine, including the categories re-ordering (but only with Mootools enabled).

I'll try to re-enable my other extensions one after the other to see if something breaks. Thanks for the fix :)
  • Options
    Yeah, weirdly enough, the category/role re-ordering will still work. It's only the collapsible panel script that will die on those pages.
  • Options
    Well, now it seems activating Mootools breaks Collapsible Panel, and that's the reason why categories re-orderning was working... I'm quite lost here :/
  • Options
    Well I have it running fine on my server with Mootools 1.1 activated. It only breaks on the re-ordering pages as far as I can tell. I guess this is just another item on The List of Reasons Why I Hate Javascript.
  • Options
    another problem im having is that the extension causes a huge gap in threads between the Discussion title and the first post. As i open or collapse the panels, it moves the gap taller or shorter. I hope i explained this well. Let me know if you need a screenshot or something. This only happens on IE btw. works great on firefox and safari
  • Options
    Hmm I don't think that's anything to do with me, it's just IE's crappy rendering. Are you using the default theme?
  • Options
    yes default theme
  • Options
    Mootools 1.2 is out. That rewrites the sorting javascript used on the Roles and Categories page of the settings. It removes Prototype from the head completely so it should also be faster on those pages.

Funnily enough the code needed to implement the same functionality is greater when using the Mootools framework than it is when using the Prototype framework. I put that down to some string hacking I had to do and that Mootools itself is a lighter framework than Prototype.

@just a novice: I'm not sure if I'll be able to fix those issues with Internet Explorer as it's just down to IE's poor, standards-non-compliant rendering. The extension doesn't touch the HTML in the panel or the CSS, the javascript just modifies the height attribute as far as I can tell.

Can anyone else confirm these issues in Internet Explorer? I can technically test it myself but running IE on Linux is a bit shaky and I'm having some issues with it right now.
  • Options
    It would be nice for it to render correctly in IE, but its not that big of a deal. Problems i had were autocomplete whisper did not work with this extension as well as drag and drop categories. Installed Mootools 1.2 and Collapsible panel 2.1 and now the errors are fixed, but collapsible panel doesnt work.
  • Options
    i got "this.getStyle is not a function" in firebug also, disabling Mootools makes Collapsible Panel work but autocomplete whispers and drag/drop not
  • Options
    I can't reproduce this at all. If you disable Mootools 1.2 then there will be problems on the drag/drop pages as CollapsiblePanel itself doesn't have the scope to remove the Prototype libraries from the header, it needs the Mootools extension for that. Autocomplete whispers and drag/drop on the Roles and Categories settings pages all work fine for me. Do you have a link to your forum so I can have a look at autocomplete whispers?
  • Options
    I just checked your site and the whisper autocomplete isn't working but you have Mootools disabled. I had a problem with the whisper autocomplete on my forum but it was being cause by the formatting bar.
  • Options
    i had Mootools disabled because with it enabled, collapsible panel wouldn't work. I enabled extensions for you so you could enable the extension to see.
  • Options
    The problem was with the SmoothPageJump extension. I've disabled it for you as it wasn't working anyway. I can write a Mootools compatible version if you want though? I was thinking of doing that anyway.
  • Options
    It doesnt really matter that i have SmoothPageJump working. I couldn't figure it out for the longest time. Thank you so much!
  • Options
    upon enabling i get an invalid argument supplied for foreach() on line 66 of default.php in collapsible panel
  • Options
    Uploaded version 2.2 of Collapsible Panel.
  • Options
    OK, I think I fixed that, try the new version.
  • Options
    hey fyorl,
    nice to see the progress with the cp extension.

one question, the extension works for me.. but! it collapse only and just the first item, and no collapse effects on the settings/options page.
    btw. my (experimental) theme is based on the organic theme.

a good recepie to solve this issue?

thanks a bunch
This discussion has been closed.