Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

System Message

Comments

• Options
    Uploaded version 1.6 of System Message.
  • Options
    Uploaded version 1.7 of System Message.
  • Options
    Version 1.7 now allows you to delete messages from the edit page (before the only way to delete them was via the 'Cleanup' method) as well as providing support for Unauthenticated users. Clicking '[All]' in the roles box does not include Unauthenticated users as I felt that 9 times out of 10 people would not want that behaviour. It's easy enough to add the Unauthenticated Role to that list anyway.
  • Options
    You continue to amaze me, Fyorl
  • Options
    heyo fyorl,
    the edit message link (javascript:void(0);) plus the book-icon still doesn't work for me.
  • Options
    also, the edit messages screen doesn't look so pretty in themes other than the default. (such as organic) EDIT: ok, the error went away, but there are still blank announcements.
  • Options
    @fysicsluvr: It's not supposed to look pretty in other themes, the last paragraph of the extension description explains a bit about that. As for blank messages, I'll need to reproduce them to fix them. Do they only occur with HTML in the message? If so, what tags have you used? @fery: Does Firebug (Firefox add-on) report any errors?
  • Options
    it seems to happen with the href tag (strong and em work, href is pretty much the only other one I've tried)
  • Options
    Ok, the book and the edit work now, when I save a system message though the message slides down but nothing inside the window appears.

I'm using the default vanilla theme
  • Options
    just tested a bit I think it has to do with line breaks when I did everything on one line it worked when I did more then one line by hitting enter it showed up blank
  • Options
    "Requires Vanilla 1.1.4" : isn't it working with 1.1.2 ?
    Many thanks
  • Options
    I tried the latest version and got a broken board with the error message:

smadmin.GetUserNum();

Am I not configuring something properly or need to edit my db?
  • Options
    I just installed Vanilla today along with this extension. Unfortunately, only the basic functionality seems to be working. Edit Messages is inresponsive, and when creating a new message I have to type in the role manually (I'm guessing the book icon was meant to open a selection list of sorts).
  • Options
    For all you people who have a javascriptvoid thing Edit Messages and the AddressBook.

Update to Mootools 1.1.8 (or whatever is the latest version when you read this) and it should work!

I am getting blank messages though :(

Once again Fyorl, your extensions are amazing.
  • Options
    I am currently using Mootools 1.8 which I'm sure you meant. Edit Messages and AddressBook still not working. Let me know if there's any further information I can provide.
  • Options
    Sorry I've been absent for a while. I've had some family issues. I will try to look into the comments here and perhaps release a fix but I can't guarantee anything in my current state.
  • Options
    Dunno what is wrong, but I can't see created message by any role.
    Book and "Edit" buttons works for me only in Opera.
  • Options
    I'd like the message to appear as any regular system message, and not drop in from the top like it does by default. Any way to do this?
  • Options
    perhaps this is what you mean?
  • Options
    Yes and no. Design wise, exactly. Functionality wise, no. What I need is to have a message pop up for members who have just registered.