Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Make It Simple Text Formatter

edited October 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Make It Simple Text Formatter

Comments

• Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '&', expecting T_VARIABLE or '$' in /home/user/public_html/messageboard/extensions/MakeItSimpleTextFormatter/default.php on line 35
  • circuit: Hmm, I forgot that using references in the foreach loop is only supported in PHP 5. I'll see what I can do about that, though it will clunker up the code, so I'm not sure I want to do that.
  • that's OK, it's not urgent (it is a very good idea, though :) )
  • Uploaded version 1.10 of Make It Simple Text Formatter.
  • Uploaded version 1.10 - added support for more video sites.
  • awesome! Yeah bbcode is hard for some people :P Vimeo support and .mp3 support would rock too!
  • getting this error when trying to type in a link

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: stripos() in /home/content/h/h/g/hhgunrange/html/Forum/extensions/MakeItSimpleTextFormatter/default.php on line 25
  • dionhall85: You need PHP 5 for this extension to work.
  • Oh, Thanks!
  • I have updated my site to php 5, however when i try to type a link it does not automatically change? How can i fix this?
  • Do you have the extension enabled? Do you use the text formatter? Link to your site?
  • I think it would be better if normal links are not displayed link this ->link<- but like normal but just klickable. So you know where the links points and you don't have to look in the statusbar or somewhere. And is it possible that it works also with the BlogThis extension? That would rock.
  • @elm: Yeah, I wanted the same functionality. You can tweak one line of default.php (in the extension's folder) to make it work.

Change:

$Word = '<a href="'.$Word.'" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">->link<-</a>';

to:

$Word = '<a href="'.$Word.'" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">'.$Word.'</a>';
  • I use "->link<-" because long links break my theme. But as juicysauce said, you can easily change that.
  • Thanks. But the problem is the update. Everytime a new version is released, i have to change some code in nearly every extension I use so I try to make you to do the changes ;). But I see it is not possible to fulfill everyones wishes. Maybe it is possible to format the links like this: http://www.google.de/sear...lient=firefox-a so it would not break you theme :) I think this is a good compromise.
  • I'll second the request for Vimeo and mp3 support. That would serious kick ass.
  • Vimeo is a bit tricky as they have different video sizes. MP3 support is also tricky, as it requires a player. But I'll try to figure something out.
  • does it support auto-embedding flickr pics?
  • It would be awesome if this would support bold italics

EX:

*bold* = bold

_italic_ = italic
  • miquel: I don't use flickr, gimme an example. silver-dragon: Everything is possible. ;)