Users running a non-download version of Vanilla (pulled from github), on branch release/2019.016 or master from the last 2 weeks should upgrade to release/2019.017 or latest master for security reasons. Downloaded official open sources releases are not affected.
Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.

Vanilla 2.0.1 released

This discussion is related to the Vanilla addon.
2»

Comments

• main page still displays vanilla forums 2.0 not 2.0.1
  • You folks really need a modernized way to do upgrades. This manual overwriting of files is not something I would have expected from the recent updated Vanilla codebase.
    Especially for minor bug fixes. I am not willing to do this again. So I encourage an update script to be created/released if it is not already in development.

Thanks.
  • LincLinc Detroit Vanilla Staff
    @sull Overwriting files is how every piece of server-based software is updated: Wordpress, Drupal, Joomla, vBulletin, phpBB, MediaWiki, and on and on. I'm sure the upgrade process will get more refined as the product matures.
  • @sull You sound awfully demanding considering that you pay absolutely nothing for Vanilla.