Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Creating A Theme - How do I alter "vanilla/views/modules/categories.php" in my theme???

edited August 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hi,

I have a small tweak I would like to make to the view for the Categories Module...

I can make the change in the core Vanilla file ("vanilla/views/modules/categories.php") but, since this is a theme, I need the change to live in the "themes//views/" folder (otherwise the change will be overwritten when the forum is upgraded to new version).

I have tried to do this by adding my altered "categories.php" file to "themes//views/modules/" as well as "themes//views/vanilla/modules/" but neither seem to work (may changes do not show up).

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to override the "categories.php" file in a theme???

Thank you very much.
~Brad
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Doing themes/[name]/views/modules/categories.php should have worked. You could also do themes/[name]/vanilla/views/modules/categories.php. Note the transposition of vanilla and views; I did the same thing not long ago.
  • Options
    hmmm... It's strange, neither of your suggestions seem to work for me. I have tried it 3 times now. Is there a cache that needs to be cleared that I don't know about?

I appreciate your help :o)
  • Options
    I've been trying to do the same thing with no success. It seems that the application module views cannot be properly overridden by the theme at this point.

For now, I guess I will make my edits to the core files, but it would be great to have this fixed in a future version.