Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Name Unavailable on register page

edited August 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I have the latest 2.0.3 release. On the registration page, no matter what username I put I always get the validation error "Name Unavailable". Any advice on how to resolve this? It looks like validation fires regardless of what is entered
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    NimaveliNimaveli New
    edited August 2010
    I have this same problem but it always says ''email unavailable'', no matter what I write down in the ''email'' box..
  • Options
    I would report all issues on the GitHub Issue Tracker. Also try doing a quick search through the issues to make sure your issue has not already been added or resolved.

You may also want to see the add on page for additional instructions.

Since they asked to have issues with the latest release issues not discussed/posted on the forums.
  • Options
    I have the same problem. How to solve this problem?
  • Options
    MikhaelMikhael New
    edited August 2010
    @Todd, @Lincoln, et. al. I don't have this issue, but it's brought GitHub to mind again. I closed the GitHub page earlier today as it looked like I had to register-for-yet-another-darned-web-site to report a bug. Is this so? I have to say, like most long term web users, I'm sick and tired of registering at sites and having to keep an ever expanding list of URLS, usernames and passwords. Simplicity is required, or users just won't bother.
  • Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    @Mikhael That was my first impression too. Then I realized how awesome GitHub is, and my account there has become one of my most important. :) It's worth it.

Also, I'd wager $10 that they'll make a custom Vanilla bug tracker out of a Vanilla install sometime soon-ish. Just conjecture on my part.
  • Options
    TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    Also, I'd wager $10 that they'll make a custom Vanilla bug tracker out of a Vanilla install sometime soon-ish. Just conjecture on my part.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• Options
    Is there any work around for this? I just noticed that both the email and username throw a validation error. To reproduce, just try to register for new membership. Is there any way to disable validation for now? I just upgraded to 2.0.6 and it didn't help.
  • Options
    the work around is actually comment out the ajax call. It is broken in the latest release. On post back, the user will see the error message if the username is taken.
  • Options
    Can anyone show what lines of code, in which files, to comment out? Thanks