Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

TinyMCE WYSIWYG Plugin Feedback

2»

Comments

• AdrianAdrian Wandering Spirit Montreal MVP
    edited September 2010
    Tip

line 43 in default.php should be
    $mode = "advanced"; // simple/full/advanced

The word medium is incorrect
  • AdrianAdrian Wandering Spirit Montreal MVP
    edited September 2010
    Can there be a simple version, my users don't need a word style toolbar, really just need things like link, embed, and img.
    This is what I need too, and I cannot seem to modify it to work...I am close. Any hints would be welcome... I do not want advanced.
  • The image link facility doesn't appear to be working?

• 1. When i post a comment with Tiny, a new text box appears. So, i have a normal text box + tiny editor box.
    This happens because of
    $(parent).find('textarea').show();
    in resetCommentForm() function at applications/vanila/js/dicsussion.js
    this will not solve the problem
    ived done several changes in vanilla\applications\vanilla\js\discussion.js :
    115: //gdn.processTargets(json.Targets); -commented out
    203: //gdn.processTargets(json.Targets); -commented out
    272: just after: $(parent).find('span.TinyProgress').remove();

$('textarea[name="Comment/Body"]', container).tinymce({
    theme : "simple" /*remember to change this to what theme youre using*/
    }).hide();
    window.setTimeout(function (){$('textarea[name="Comment/Body"]', container).hide()}, 100);

and then
    vanilla\applications\vanilla\views\post\comment.php
    just before line 25
    $this->Form->SetFormValue('Body', $this->Comment->Body);
    } /*from here*/
    echo $this->Form->Open(array('ID' => 'Form_Comment'.($this->Comment->CommentID ? "_{$this->Comment->CommentID}" : '')));
    echo $this->Form->Errors();
    echo $this->Form->TextBox('Body', array('MultiLine' => TRUE, 'ID' => 'Form_Body'.($this->Comment->CommentID ? "_{$this->Comment->CommentID}" : '')));
    echo "
    \n";

and thats it. now you have a nice&beautiful tinymce up&working.

• I downloaded this plugin, and I spent an entire hour wondering why nothing was showing.

It turns out you named the JS file "tiny_mce.js" while in default.php you called it "tinymce.js".
    Thank you!, I was going crazy!

• I have read this forum thread and tested this plugin. My conclusion is that this plugin is not really usable without massive patching of the Vanilla forum sources.

There is another TinyMCE plugin now:
    http://vanillaforums.org/addon/tinymce-plugin