Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Membership Approved Email

edited August 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Email "Membership Approved" doesn't contain a password.

Vanilla 2.0
Tagged:

Comments

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    It can't - the passwords are hashed and never sent via email. This is correct behavior.
  • >It can't - the passwords are hashed and never sent via email. This is correct behavior.

How does user have to know the password? Change it after applying?
  • MikhaelMikhael New
    edited August 2010
    What bothers me is that as Admin I can't see their "Reason for wanting to join" when they registered for approval. Perhaps this will be fixed once Admins get an email notification? (Do say if I've missed something - I'm still playing around to see what details do get sent).

Perhaps already filed in GitHub (see this post).

Edit: I just switched Approval to Basic in a site's Dashboard -> Registration section, but got BONK. I changed the config.php line which points errors to error.master.php to deverror.master.php as suggested elsewhere, but still get BONK.

As @[-Stash-] suggested elsewhere, wouldn't it be a good idea to display full error messages if the user is Admin..? Should be a simple if/then somewhere.
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    @Mikhael Are you sure you changed it in config.php (good) and not config-defaults.php (bad)?
  • Yep, definitely changed it in config.php @Lincoln.

I definitely think the best way forward in error handling is to throw full errors (but in a nice way) if you're logged-in as Admin. I changed one system to do this recently, and it works very well, with no set-up requirements, thus following the Vanilla Prime Directive.
  • @Lincoln How user must to know the pass?