Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Root Folder Change

edited August 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Why do I get a fatal error when attempting to change the root folder of my vanilla installation?! I've changed any route configuration in the config file but no luck.

Can't seem to find any sort of useful documentation on here about anything related to Vanilla 2, beginning to think it's not worth the hassle!
Tagged:

Comments

  • I had this problem as well. I honestly don't know exactly what made it all start working, but one of the last things I did was delete all the entries in the config file related to which plugins were loaded.

    After I deleted those lines, it seemed to just start working on its own.
  • Thanks for the reply, doesn't seem to of helped - I tried deleting the config file to see if it was an issue with that but didn't help.

    The error I get is: Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/sk8uk00/public_html/forums/applications/controllers/class.controller.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/sk8uk00/public_html/forums/library/core/class.dispatcher.php on line 511
  • @Wilko: I assume that the path it is trying to open is the old path rather than the new one? I had the same problem.

    I managed to fix mine, but I don't know how I did it. I scoured the database and config files to try to figure out where it was storing the path information and absolutely could not figure it out.

    Ultimately, it was something I did to the config file that fixed it. Deleting the config file completely didn't work because that just made Vanilla want to start over.

    I'm sorry I don't know what I did, but I share your pain. I wrestled with this for an hour or two before it just magically started working.
  • Yeah I came to the same conclusion over the paths, it's making me angrier and angrier the more I search through files trying to find this URL path.

    I'll try experimenting with the config file and see if it fixes it, thanks for the tip.
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Delete the ini files in your cache folder.
  • Thank you, that solved the problem! You should create a common issues page for things like this especially since the fix is so simple!

  • Good to know! Now if I see this problem again, I'll know what to do. I guess I must have inadvenrtently deleted those while trying to solve my issue as well.
  • @Lincoln
    Thank you so much, was struggling with the same problem & that solution fixed it. Can't thank you enough :D
  • Very thanks :-)
Sign In or Register to comment.