Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Vanilla 2.0.6 released

2»

Comments

• Options
    This version is working MUCH better! Thanks for the update.
  • Options
    I downloaded and installed it (upgraded from the 2.0 beta). I couldn't figure out an easy way to backup my database (Is there no DB backup tool from the Vanilla dashboard?) So I went ahead without backing up my db.

Then I got hung up on this step:

"Navigate to the page in your forum that updates your database (this will not work if you did not sign in as UserID = 1): www.yourforum.com/utility/structure"

That led me to a page not found.

The solution I found in another forum thread, it said to go to http://www.yourforum.com/index.php?p=/dashboard/utility/structure/ and then it will ask you to login. Once you do, you'll be taken to the upgrade database page in the new Dashboard.

So far so good.

It seems to have fixed a lot of the AJAX issues where it would just sit and load forever like when I'd send out a forum invite. It appears to have fixed our forum's double post problem as well.
  • Options
    ok, I havent used my forum much, as when I Installed it it was the day before version 2.0.1 came out. I tried update, like it was suggested, but got errors. Posted them here. Nobody could help. I still have those problems with updating. I am still on that version, do I need to update consecutively or straight to version 2.0.6. I am still thinking this will still have the same problem with the errors. Baring in mind, I am a novice here. so could somebody post in simple easy terms.
  • Options
    RajioRajio
    edited September 2010
    I've got a bug in mine - the number of 'answers' is not updating :S otherwise this is working a lot better.

PS did a fresh install.
  • Options
    TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    ok, I havent used my forum much, as when I Installed it it was the day before version 2.0.1 came out. I tried update, like it was suggested, but got errors. Posted them here. Nobody could help. I still have those problems with updating. I am still on that version, do I need to update consecutively or straight to version 2.0.6. I am still thinking this will still have the same problem with the errors. Baring in mind, I am a novice here. so could somebody post in simple easy terms.
    @droopalla You can update directly from 2.0 to 2.0.6. If you get more errors, post them and I'll try to help you.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• Options
    Works for for me on my ASP.Net hosting (with php functionality) and my web.config instead of the .htaccess file.
  • Options
    Is there a place where I could see which files exactly and what have been changed in them so I can replace those files only? Because I modified the core files a little bit for my purpose.
  • Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    @iznk I'd take the time to re-do whatever you did in core as a plugin. You're in for a world of hurt if you keep your site like that. If you need special hooks for what you're trying to accomplish, request them from the developers.
  • Options
    My update from 2.0 to 2.0.6 went smoothly except I have an SQL error in my utility/structure page after re-running the scripts:

"You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'where name = 'GDN_Discussion'' at line 1|Gdn_Database|Query|show table status where name = 'GDN_Discussion'"

Any clue what is causing that and if it's affecting anything else in my forum?
  • Options
    raykrayk New
    edited September 2010
    Edit: worked it out.
  • Options
    In this update, is there a possibility that a attachments addon is going to be released soon?
    i hope so too
  • Options
    TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    In this update, is there a possibility that a attachments addon is going to be released soon?
    i hope so too
    Its already released.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• Options
    edited September 2010
    BUG!
  • Options
    I just edited a comment in this discurssion, im not a admin or moderator..
    ;)
  • Options
    BUG! anyone can edit any comment...