Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

BONK error when moving Forum to live server

edited September 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I installed Vanilla Forum v2.0.6 on my local machine, and got my forum up and running smoothly.
Now I need to move it to the live server.
I zipped up the site, moved it over, unzipped it, and also copied the database accross. I changed the permissions on the folders where needed, restarted apache, did all I think I should do,
BUT
when navigating to site, it gives me :
' Bonk - Something funky happened. Please bear with us while we iron out the kinks."

When removing the '$Config...[Garden] error'-message line, i get:

Fatal Error in Gdn_Database.Query();
Table 'docimmelman.GDN_Permission' doesn't exist

Please, I need help again...

Comments

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    You should fresh install Vanilla 2 on a new server, not zip & move an old instance. Just export the database's content (not structure) and import it after the fresh install.
  • Options
    TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    You should fresh install Vanilla 2 on a new server, not zip & move an old instance. Just export the database's content (not structure) and import it after the fresh install.
    ^^ what he said

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• Options
    Thanks Tim and Lincoln - Forum is up and running smoothly.
    Excited to do more work with Vanilla.
  • Options
    I got the same message. Your comment to uncommenting the Error line in the config.php file gives me the same return. I copy and paste the select in phpmyadmin with the same result. So I found out that theres something wrong with the casing in mySQL. After googling I found: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/de/name-case-sensitivity.html. My dev-Server had status 1, my final Server 0. So every Select failes. After changing everything works great. :)