Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

parse error using vanilla2export

edited September 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Trying to export my vanilla1 forum into a fresh new vanilla2; using the exporter I have the following error : "Parse error: parse error, expecting `T_OLD_FUNCTION' or `T_FUNCTION' or `T_VAR' or `'}'' in d:\www\volcanoweb.fr\htdocs\innova\extensions\vanilla2export.php on line 52"; if I export the db using phpMyAdmin, I obtain a sql.gz file, that is not recognized as a valid file with the importer in the Dashboard.
I see I'm not the only one with this problem, please help us…

Comments

• TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Do you get this parse error right when you browse to the page? What version of php are you using? What version of the exporter are you using?
  • Hi Todd, I'm using the version of exporter found here in your article : http://vanillaforums.com/porter/vanilla2export.php.gz
    PHP version is 4.3.9 on windows NT…
  • Well, no one can help me with vanilla porter ?
  • ithcyithcy New
    edited September 2010
    Vanilla 2 requires PHP 5.2. I'm not sure if this extends to the exporter, but I'd bet it would. Either way you won't be able to run vanilla 2 on that host if that is your intent.
  • Thanks, but it's my old forum on Vanilla 1 which is on 4.3.9
  • I just meant that the porter may require 5.2 as well. Not certain though.
  • Is there someone else who has solved this problem?
    I'm stuck with the impossibility to export my vanilla1 forum; It is on IIS not Apache though.
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    I'm pretty sure the exporter only requires PHP 5.0, but that won't help anyone on 4.4.9 or earlier. You'd need to move your entire Vanilla 1 installation to the new server before migrating, sorry. :-/ I'm not sure I even know how to code by 4.x standards any more.