Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Does this work with Vanilla 2.0.9

RaizeRaize vancouver ✭✭
edited September 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Can anyone confirm if the latest version of this plugin (1.8) works with Vanilla 2.0.9?

I tried activating on Vanilla 2.0.6 and it threw up a bunch of errors. The plugin documentation says it is compatible with Vanilla 2.0.7 but there is no place to download old versions of Vanilla. doozy of a pickle...

Comments

• Options
    TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    It should say 2.0.7+
    Sorry

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• Options
    RaizeRaize vancouver ✭✭
    excellent, thanks
  • Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    @Raize FYI you can grab old versions by switching to the desired tag on GitHub.
  • Options
    @Raize FYI you can grab old versions by switching to the desired tag on GitHub.
    http://github.com/vanillaforums/Garden/downloads

• Options
    RaizeRaize vancouver ✭✭
    thanks
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    @raize - ProxyConnect 1.8 works with V.2.0.9
  • Options
    RaizeRaize vancouver ✭✭
    Thanks guys, I have it running on V.2.0.9 and it's working very smoothly I might add.

Just to clarify...

If the person registers through Wordpress, they automatically become a user of Vanilla but if they register on Vanilla they DONT become a user of Wordpress. Is that correct? That means Vanilla serves as the central user account manager right?
  • Options
    @Raize In older versions of the plugin, the 'Apply for Membership' button redirected the user to the wordpress registration page, which only makes sense since there is a respective settings field. It seems as if in the current version this functionality has simply been left out.
    The management of user accounts should basically be solely handled by the host application, i.e. WordPress. For instance, if an integrated user changes his password from within Vanilla, this doesn't have any effect on the login as this is handled by WP.
  • Options
    RaizeRaize vancouver ✭✭
    I don't care too much anymore about integrating with Wordpress (even though it's something I've wanted for years)... Vanilla is so flexible that it can be customized to look and feel like a blog if you want it to. I have the luxury of starting fresh so that's my new strategy since I love Vanilla 2 so much
  • Options
    @binhdo The issue with registrations is likely a bug and I'll check into it ASAP. Closer integration is always the goal and things like password and general account management are next on the list.