Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Why doesn't it work?

2»

Comments

• Options
    I've tried turning off all the extensions and the behavior is pretty much the same - page actually exists, but the tab isn't added to the menu. I bet it is frustrating, frustrating from this end as well because it clearly does work for some people (and the code looks like it should work) but it just... doesn't. Can't be a permission problem for me as it actually reads and writes the CustomPages file correctly.
  • Options
    Could you pop an echo statement into the PageManagement::Render() function (before the condition), and see if it shows up? That way we could verify if there's something wrong with the setting of the hook or something in the rearranging of the tabs.
  • Options
    I tried it and it showed up. I guess we are now one step closer to finding the culprit!
  • Options
    NickENickE New
    edited January 2006
    I suppose this would've been a better thing to put in it, as it would've killed two birds with one stone, but now could you put in var_dump($GLOBALS['Menu']->Tabs); at the very end of that function, and post the results? If the tabs are reorganized in the array, then there's nothing wrong in either the hook or reorganization, which would probably create an even bigger problem.
  • Options
    Here's what I got:

array(1) { [0]=> array(5) { ["Text"]=> string(20) "Back to BEANSUSY.org" ["Value"]=> string(20) "back_to_beansusy.org" ["Url"]=> string(23) "http://www.beansusy.org" ["CssClass"]=> string(0) "" ["Attributes"]=> string(0) "" } }
  • Options
    NickENickE New
    edited January 2006
    Whoa, that's even weirder. It's supposed to be the format of the menu, but somehow it managed to lose all the system tabs... But you say that still nothing happens with the tabs? Could you see what it displays when you put var_dump($this->Tabs); instead?
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    Now we're talkin...

Here's the code (it looks like all of the tabs- including the custom ones)

array(6) { [0]=> array(9) { ["tab"]=> string(11) "Discussions" ["page"]=> string(11) "discussions" ["url"]=> string(2) "./" ["class"]=> string(14) "DiscussionsTab" ["html"]=> string(0) "" ["point"]=> string(1) "1" ["custom"]=> string(1) "0" ["attribs"]=> string(0) "" ["roles"]=> array(0) { } } [1]=> array(9) { ["tab"]=> string(10) "Categories" ["page"]=> string(10) "categories" ["url"]=> string(14) "categories.php" ["class"]=> string(13) "CategoriesTab" ["html"]=> string(0) "" ["point"]=> string(1) "1" ["custom"]=> string(1) "0" ["attribs"]=> string(0) "" ["roles"]=> array(0) { } } [2]=> array(9) { ["tab"]=> string(6) "Search" ["page"]=> string(6) "search" ["url"]=> string(10) "search.php" ["class"]=> string(9) "SearchTab" ["html"]=> string(0) "" ["point"]=> string(1) "1" ["custom"]=> string(1) "0" ["attribs"]=> string(0) "" ["roles"]=> array(0) { } } [3]=> array(9) { ["tab"]=> string(8) "Settings" ["page"]=> string(8) "settings" ["url"]=> string(12) "settings.php" ["class"]=> string(11) "SettingsTab" ["html"]=> string(0) "" ["point"]=> string(1) "1" ["custom"]=> string(1) "0" ["attribs"]=> string(0) "" ["roles"]=> array(0) { } } [4]=> array(9) { ["tab"]=> string(7) "Account" ["page"]=> string(7) "account" ["url"]=> string(11) "account.php" ["class"]=> string(10) "AccountTab" ["html"]=> string(0) "" ["point"]=> string(1) "1" ["custom"]=> string(1) "0" ["attribs"]=> string(0) "" ["roles"]=> array(0) { } } [5]=> array(9) { ["tab"]=> string(20) "Back to BEANSUSY.org" ["page"]=> string(20) "back_to_beansusy.org" ["url"]=> string(23) "http://www.beansusy.org" ["class"]=> string(0) "" ["html"]=> string(0) "" ["point"]=> string(1) "1" ["custom"]=> string(1) "1" ["attribs"]=> string(0) "" ["roles"]=> array(7) { [0]=> string(1) "0" [1]=> string(1) "1" [2]=> string(1) "3" [3]=> string(1) "4" [4]=> string(1) "5" [5]=> string(1) "6" [6]=> string(1) "7" } } }

• Options
    Well, I now see why all the system tabs were taken out. The available roles for them are missing for some reason, but that still dosn't explain why they don't have any affect upon the tabs themselves. What happens when you click Resync Tabs?
  • Options
    Nothing happens.
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    /me's jaw drops
  • Options
    Well, I'm officially befuddled.
  • Options
    What type of server is this actually functional on?

My guess is that we're talking about windows servers where it works, and *Nix servers where it doesn't.

Just a hunch.

I'm on a Unix/Apache server and the extension does not work in any template or version.
  • Options
    I'm running Apache 1.3 (I think) with PHP 5.somethingorother on WinXP.
  • Options
    I'm on a *nix/Apache server with PHP 4.4 (could that be the problem?) and Apache 1.3 it looks like.
This discussion has been closed.