Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Inbox message count modification

ShmizzleShmizzle New
edited October 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Instead of showing the total number of messages in the user's inbox, I think it would be more useful and intuitive to only show the number of unread messages in the inbox.

Comments

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    That's what it does.
  • ShmizzleShmizzle New
    edited October 2010
    Must be some weird bug then. I was fooling around with the conversation feature last night, creating, deleting, and adding to existing conversations, and right now my Inbox is still showing there's an unread message there when there isn't (I look at my inbox and there's no "New" notification and there are indeed no unread messages).

You're right though, normally, it does only show unread messages. Thank goodness.

Wish I could reproduce the issue, haven't been able to yet.

EDIT: Figured it out. As user A (I'm admin, don't know if it makes a difference), create a new conversation with user B. On user B's account, open the conversation.

Back on user A's account, add at least one new message to the conversation.

Go back to user B's account and delete the conversation (the conversation should only show one message in it, since you didn't reload the page).

Go to the main forum page under user B's account and it'll say there's an unread message in the inbox when there's not.

By the way, a few tweaks that'd be cool to see: the ability to disable the timestamp that is displayed next to each user in "in this conversation", and also maybe the ability to prevent anyone from adding users to the conversation.
  • One other thing I noticed, if I delete a conversation as an administrator, I'm taken to the URL /dashboard/home/filenotfound
  • I noticed a similar problem, and I logged it here. Would love to know a quick fix for that one.
  • I noticed a similar problem, and I logged it here. Would love to know a quick fix for that one.
    Aha, that looks like the better place to report bugs. Thanks. :-)