Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Can you sticky a thread in a category?

edited October 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I tried looking but could not seem to find the answer.

Currently using vanilla 2

Comments

• sticky = announcement

/cd
  • edited October 2010
    but dont try to unannounce a a thread, coz it will be toast until that *bug*/*feature* gets fixed.
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    @DavyB Pinging Mark doesn't help. It's just annoying. Even to me.
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    @mini Announcements are currently global-only. Doing it per-category would require a plugin.
  • RaizeRaize vancouver ✭✭
    this is needed. my users complained so i had to unannounced all the threads so they wouldn't clog up the discussions list on the main page. for an example, just look at the front page of this forum... having them for specific categories only would be an asset but not critical
  • this is needed. my users complained...
    I couldn't agree more, as I have 11 threads announced, and it really takes all the view on the first page.
    Just an option to decide how many announced threads that should show up on the main discussion page would be awesome.
  • RaizeRaize vancouver ✭✭
    ever since i got rid of the announced threads activity on my forum has gone up
  • http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/13118/categories-controller/p1

Ive found a way to get announcements to show just not with the discussions.
  • It would be awesome to have the option to set announcements as global or category specific. OR... to have a sticky post option if you just want certain discussions to appear first in your categories.
  • It would be awesome to have the option to set announcements as global or category specific. OR... to have a sticky post option if you just want certain discussions to appear first in your categories.
    Ditto. This feature would make the awesomeness of vanilla...even more awesome.