Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Real names as user names in Vanilla 2

edited November 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I need a way to show the real name of a user instead of some login with Vanilla 2.

In Vanilla 1, there were fields for first and last name in the user profile and a plugin to show those in posts.

Since that didn't make it into Vanilla 2, I'd be happy with changing "Username" into "Full name" in my locale and just use that. However there's the restriction to 20 chars and no dots or spaces for the username. Will it cause any trouble if I remove or loosen those restrictions?

Comments

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    I'd go about this by writing a plugin that adds those fields to the profile and then a theme that shows that in discussions instead of the username.
  • Options
    Problem is that would require an amount of time and familiarization with the Vanilla API that's a bit outside what I can afford right now. That and I'm not exactly the biggest PHP coder...