Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Recover Deleted Discussions in 2.0?

edited November 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I deleted a user without realizing that not only would it delete their comments, but also any discussions they created. However the "Discussions" number is still counting the deleted discussions, they just aren't appearing.

Is there any way to recover deleted discussions in Vanilla 2.0.3?

Comments

• Options
    Figured it out. I had to edit the MySQL database and re-create the Discussions based on the missing ID #'s. Then I had to guestimate the post count to get it to show up correctly, and finally figure out an exact post count to get all the numbers working correctly. It was quite a chore.

Vanilla should DEFINITELY change the "Delete User Content" to also say that the deleted user's discussions they created will also be deleted. Right now it just says their comments will be deleted. Lame.
  • Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    I actually noticed some verbiage issues with that screen as well. A good point.