Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

vanilla2 international characters

fuarfuar New
edited November 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I'm running into problems with æøåÆØÅ when upgrading to vanilla2, when I upgraded to 1.1 i fixed this by adding
$Configuration['DATABASE_CHARACTER_ENCODING'] = 'utf8_general_ci';
to config.php, but that doesn't seem to do the trick now, any solutions for this?

Comments

• i've been digging through the files trying to find some place to set the character encoding like I did in 1.1, but can't seem to find anything.

is it possible to set the encoding somewhere?

• The problem could be with the export tool. All the special characters are messed up in the file generated by the exporter.

So, is there some way to set the characater encoding in the exporter?
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Do your source and destination databases both use UTF-8 encoding? We tested the exporter with international characters, so definitely interested in tracking down the source of this issue.
  • fuarfuar New
    edited November 2010
    the source base is using utf8_general_ci, but the destination is utf8_unicode_ci, could this be a problem?

reading up on the difference between them, this is most likely the source of the problem, but is there some magical way to make everything behave?
  • been trying all sorts of things for several hours, not getting any results.

the charactercs even look messed up in phpmyadmin, but I've always been able to make this work by pulling a
    set names 'utf8';

on the verge of dumping the old database and starting fresh
  • giving this a hopeful bump