Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Making dashboard available to non-admins

edited November 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I have a non-admin role that allows for removal and adding of users, but the dashboard link doesn't actually come up. It works if I manually enter 'p=/dashboard/user' in the address bar, but I'd like the dashboard link to come up just like it would on my admin account... is there a way to do this?

Comments

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited November 2010
    In your theme in your default.master.php file (copy it to your theme if you haven't yet), change this:
    // $this->Menu->AddLink('Dashboard', T('Users'), '/user/browse', array('Garden.Users.Add', 'Garden.Users.Edit', 'Garden.Users.Delete'));
    To this:
    $this->Menu->AddLink('Users', T('Users'), '/dashboard/user', array('Garden.Users.Add', 'Garden.Users.Edit', 'Garden.Users.Delete'));
  • Options
    I'm not sure what you mean by copying it to my theme... do I just copy the file across to the root folder of the theme and then edit it, or is there something else I need to do?
  • Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited November 2010
    Theming Quick Start: http://vanillaforums.org/page/ThemeQuickStart

Short answer: copy it to the 'views' folder of your theme and edit it.
  • Options
    Ahh cool thanks, got it working :)

Another question, not very important, but I thought I'd ask now that I'm at it: is there a way to make the link not appear for admin (since admin has got the dashboard link, a separate link to user settings is kinda redundant)?
  • Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited November 2010
    Place this right before that line:
    if(!$Session->CheckPermission('Garden.Settings.Manage'))