Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Creating a custom theme for Vanilla

keeshakeesha
edited March 2013 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hi,

I've followed the instructions to change the Html structure of my theme here so i've copied the folders in http://localhost:8888/vanilla/themes/my_theme/views/ but whatever i change nothing happens, only default.master.php in the same views folder is receptive to changes.

What did I make wrong?

Comments

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Within the views folder you should have subfolders that mirror the folder you're copying them from. For instance, to modify /applications/vanilla/views/discussions/discussions.php, copy discussions.php to /themes/my_theme/views/discussions.
  • Options
    brujahbrujah
    edited November 2010
    I tried this just now and it worked for me. I copied
    /applications/vanilla/views/*
    to my themes folder
    /themes/mine/views/
  • Options
    that's what i did actually, but bad luck.
  • Options
    keeshakeesha
    edited November 2010
    but for now, it would help to know where the file location for the "panel" is. because id like to add additionally an extra 'div' to a.BigButton.

• Options
    brujahbrujah
    edited November 2010
    I did a grep and found BigButton in these files:

-vanilla
    modules/newdiscussion.php (Start a New Discussion)

-others
    modules/newconversation.php (Start a New Conversation)
    modules/clearhistory.php
  • Options
    thank you very much :-)
  • Options
    Eureka the folders are now also receptive for changes, it seems there was a delay caused by a cached file or such.

Thanks again.