Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

MySQL Syntax Error

edited November 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
At installation I'm getting this error:

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'where name = 'GDN_Tag'' at line 1|Gdn_Database|Query|show table status where name = 'GDN_Tag'

I've installed other versions of Vanilla on the same host (mediatemple) in the past, but it seems to be something wrong with the latest.

Comments

• Options
    any suggestions at all?
  • Options
    could it possibly have something to do with a php version? Its kind of a big deal if noboddy on Mediatemple can use Vanilla!!
  • Options
    That seems to me as a MySQL problem. Mainly the only mention of "show table status" is in library/database/class.mysql.structure.php -- line 327.

Not quite sure what this means though. Are you importing data from a previous installation / Vanilla 1 or is this a fresh installation?

More debugging to come, but can't realize what happens for now.
    /cd
  • Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    @Todd Might want to look at this one. I've seen a few Tag table-related issues now so I'm wondering if it's something about the structure.
  • Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    @ezyweb Can you confirm your server has PHP 5.2, MySQL 5, and PDO installed?
  • Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    edited November 2010
    That table status is used to figure out which storage engine a table uses. It looks like the syntax we use is supported from MySQL 5, but not MySQL 4.

Looking at the documentation I can change this to support MySQL 4, but to be honest we don't test on that version of MySQL that much. I'm also pretty sure MediaTemple supports MySQL 5.1.26.

Can you do the following from your accounts phpmyadmin? Run these commands and tell me what you get:
    SHOW VARIABLES LIKE "%version%";

show table status like 'GDN_User';

show table status where name = 'GDN_User';
  • Options
    todd: this is the response:

SQL query:

SHOW TABLE STATUS WHERE name = 'GDN_User'

MySQL said: Documentation
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'where name = 'GDN_User'' at line 1

btw: Mediatemple only supports MySQL4 - users on the grid can pay extra for the mysql5 but I was hoping I didn't have to do that.
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Vanilla 2 requires MySQL 5 or newer: http://vanillaforums.org/page/Installation-Requirements
  • Options
    Actually, you can request to be added to the MySQL5 program - at no cost. You would need to open a support request within the AccountCenter and request the upgrade.

(mt) Sara