Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

VF.org usability re: what info is shown

LincLinc Detroit Admin
edited November 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Information shown that I never use:
- # of Views
- # of Bookmarks
- # of Votes per discussion

Information I'd use but can't see:
- What tags are on the current discussion
- Which discussions I've replied to (in the context of the main list)
- Whether a discussion is re: a plugin

Anyone else feel the same?

Comments

• Options
    Hello!

The last one I find very useful, maybe some other things to show up on the profile page
    You mentioned Mark in a comment. -- maybe also show an excerpt of the discussion.

/cd
  • Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited November 2010
    I'd definitely like to do some work on making the activity stream more useful. I see a ton of potential there but I'm not using it right now because it still doesn't quite hit the sweet spot of useful data vs. skim-ability.

Plugin-related actions definitely need some activity stream love too.
  • Options
    Well, I find Facebook to be a rather waste of time and resources, but in this context, such a functionality with the ability to lookup the topics in which a person is involved or to see on what he has commented, with a bit more detail might prove to be a very useful feature.

/cd
  • Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    @cdavid Facebook will never be my model. ;) I deactivated my account there months ago.