Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

How do I load themes from my theme folder?

edited December 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I followed these directions:
1. Copy the /themes/default folder and rename it to your theme name so it sits in the root theme folder like this: /themes/your_theme_name.
2. Open the "about.php" file and edit the information to reflect your theme's information.
3. Create a custom.css file in the "design" folder of your custom theme.
4. Go to your Dashboard > Themes, and apply your new theme.
5. Edit the custom.css file to your heart's content. The custom.css file is added *after* the base theme's css. Alternately, you can completely replace the base theme file (style.css) by copying it from the /applications/dashboard/design folder into your theme's design folder.

Theme doesn't show up and folder has permissions 755. What am I doing wrong?
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Are you getting an error when switching? Does it show up as enabled in the dashboard?
  • Options
    It doesn't show up thats what I am saying. I also have no idea why the readme text file is out dated for the latest version, is this software still in beta?
  • Options
    You know what I think I saw one of your posts and fixed the problem, didn't know I had to change the theme key from default.
  • Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    @darren22 Good catch, that was going to be my next suggestion. That's a tricky thing that isn't documented as well as it should be. Glad you got it working.