Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

password when converting from other software

edited December 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
What happens to the password when converting from other software? Can the members login right away or does it require a reset? I'm hoping that no reset is required.

Comments

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    We support seamless password migration from all the forums currently included in the Porter. We've looked up the password hashing mechanism for the other software packages and we convert them one at a time when they log into Vanilla for the first time. No resets required.
  • Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Note however that there is a bug in vBulletin 4 conversion that will be fixed in the next version of Vanilla.
  • Options
    Is there a time frame for the fix or maybe something I can use now to test?
  • Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    You can download Vanilla's unstable branch directly from GitHub. That has the fix applied which you can test against. I recommend waiting for a release to launch on, though. The "Download .zip" button at the top: https://github.com/vanillaforums/Garden/archives/unstable