Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Creating a locale - not showing up

LincLinc Detroit Admin
edited December 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I wanted to shorten the tab created by the Participated Discussions plugin without hacking the plugin, so I figured I'd make a locale. I created a folder /locale/newbuddhist and dropped a definitions.php into it:

$LocaleInfo['newbuddhist'] = array( // The locale key must match the folder the locale is in. 'Locale' => 'NewBuddhist' // The code of the locale 'Name' => 'NewBuddhist' 'Description' => 'Phrase overrides.', // Be as descriptive as possible. 'Version' => '1.0', // A version number compatible with php's version_compare(). 'Author' => 'Matt Lincoln Russell', 'AuthorEmail' => 'lincolnwebs@gmail.com', 'AuthorUrl' => '' ); $Definition['Participated Discussions'] = 'Participated';

But it won't show up in my dashboard. I deleted by ini files to make sure my renaming and experimenting didn't mess it up. Any ideas?
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Preemptive @Todd ping. :D
  • Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    In your info array, 'Locale' needs to be 'en-CA' or whatever your locale is defined as in your config.
  • Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Also, FYI: Long blocks of code are better put in pre tags rather than code tags. Code tags are for inline and pre are for block. It will look nicer that way.
  • Options
    renerene New
    edited December 2010
    @Todd: I also have a problem with the 'Locale' parameter. When I change it from 'en-CA' to 'nl' (I'm making a dutch translation) enabling my locale does nothing. It will only work if I set it to 'en-CA' which is odd...

In the config file the locale rule is changed automatically on enabling the locale.

Can you give me a hint? I've started a question @ http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/13995/dutch-locale-wont-work-unless-i-leave-the-locale-parameter-to-en-ca/p1