Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Deleted A Discussion, Comments Were Left Behind

edited January 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hey,

I recently set up an install and make a test post when running through configurations. I have replied a couple of times to the discussion, for styling and functionality. Once I had finished, I deleted the discussion from the category view but now going back to the homepage, I have "0 discussions" but still "3 comments" which I can't delete as the topic they were in has gone...

Firstly, is this supposed to happen? Secondly, how do I remove these invisible comments?

Comments

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Where are you seeing the "3 comments" exactly? Sounds like a bug.

The comments are likely gone, it's just a counter that didn't reset correctly.
  • Options
    The comments are indeed, gone. It's just the count on the categories page, which is set as the main page. As seen in this screenshot: http://cl.ly/49T7

If I go into the category, no comments can be seen. Since then, I also noticed that I had posted a new discussion in that category but the count wasn't updating on the main page either. I tried repairing and optimising my database but that didn't work.
  • Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Yeah, this isn't a database problem, it's just an incorrect value being stored in the Categories table. You're using 2.0.17, right?
  • Options
    Indeed I am. Any idea what's caused this problem and how to solve it? Thanks.
  • Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    This is a grade A bug. :) Filed a ticket: https://github.com/vanillaforums/Garden/issues/issue/741

I'd bet it gets fixed for the next release; sorry about that.
  • Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    If you want to fix this specific occurence of it, go to your GDN_Category table, find the record for that category and set CountComments back to zero.
  • Options
    Thanks for letting me know, I'll go ahead and fix this occurrence of it and keep an eye out for updates.