Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Vanilla allows text to bleed outside of table on 'activity' page.

edited January 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hello Vanilla Forums Community.

Firstly, thank you for reading this post.

Secondly: my problem is fairly simple. Basically, my install of my vanilla forums appears to allow text to bleed outside of each status update box on the 'activity' page of my forum.

Here is a link:

http://easygroove.com/vanilla/activity

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Your product is amazing.

Comments

• The width seems to be off. Open up /applications/dashboard/design/style.css then find:
    ul.Activities li.HasPhoto div.ItemContent { margin-left: 53px; width: 578px; }
    Edit the width to something like 350px.
    ul.Activities li.HasPhoto div.ItemContent { margin-left: 53px; width: 350px; }

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Nice troubleshooting @Shadowdare, and thanks for pitching in.
  • You beauty. Thanks for that...

Out of interest, what is likely to have caused that? I simply uploaded the unzipped archive and ran the install script. I haven't added or removed any apps or plugins, although i have changed a few settings i have certainly not edited any scripts?

Cheers
  • ShadowdareShadowdare r_j MVP
    edited January 2011
    You're welcome. I'm glad that I could be of help. I'm guessing that they just forgot to check the width in the mobile theme. The width of the box with the background behind it is fixed and has a smaller width than the paragraph layered above initially.

If it is indeed part of the actual Vanilla release, then the changes I made above should be included in the next update.

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

• Oh i see.

Very interesting indeed. Thanks again.

Lee
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin