Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How to login as admin

edited February 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hi Team,

I am new to vanilla. I install vanilla successfully in my application and then make necessary changes in admin for proxy connect. My proxy connect working fine. But now the problem is once I logout from admin area I am not able to log in again.

Here I am using two different tables for site users and admin users of my site.

I have to access vanilla admin area as I want to change them.

Please help.

Thanks
Hiral
Tagged:

Comments

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    If you're completely locked out and have access to the database, set the 'admin' column in the User table to '1' for your account. That will make you a super-admin with permission for everything.
  • Hi Lincoln,

I have my users table but I can not add column in it as I am using users table for my site. I have integrated vanilla in my application and not using ONLY vanilla.

Thanks
    Hiral
  • edited April 2011
    After you install Proxy Connect login as admin at http://yourwebsite.com/forum/entry/password , given that your forum is installed at the sub-directory "forum" of your website.
  • I just installed Vanilla on my Tech blog - community.winappleworld.com
    I got a mail saying http://community.winappleworld.com/index.php is my Admin login. When i enter using this link, i don't get any option for admin login. Instead it shows normal user registration page. Kindly help ASAP

@Lincoln said:
    If you're completely locked out and have access to the database, set the 'admin' column in the User table to '1' for your account. That will make you a super-admin with permission for everything.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

There is only one login for everyone but not everyone can go in the dashboard that depends on the permissions you set for people.

Are you saying you can't log in at all? or that when you log in you are not administrator? Please be more specific as to the problem you have thanks...