Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Prefix settings not accessible

edited February 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
@lincoln - Installed this plugin and enable it in the plugin list. Clicking the settings button returns a Page not Found BSOD. Looking through the code, it looks like that a Prefix option is supposed to be added to the dashboard menu. I don't have one visible.

Am running Vanilla 2.0.17.3

Do you know of any conflicts with this? Or, are you aware of this going on?

Comments

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    No, never heard of this. Can you manually go to /plugin/discussionprefix?
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited February 2011
    I have it working as expected on 2.0.17.6... I can't imagine any relevant difference between patch-level changes to Vanilla, either (i.e. if it works in 2.0.17.0 it should work in all 2.0.17.x releases the same).
  • @lincoln - trying to load it manually was a good idea, while it didn't make the problem clear, it made me think it was a pathway problem (I wasn't previously sure how the setting page was called up). I simply deleted the plugin and re-extracted the zip archive and that seemed to fix it.

Not sure why there was a problem in the first place. I blame my host....I blame them for everything! Thanks!
  • @lincoln - hmm - now that I have it installed and accessible - it isn't working.

I can select the checkbox when editing the post, but for some reason it doesn't save the selection. The prefix doesn't get displayed and when I reopen the post to the edit box, the prefix is no longer selected.

Though while I'm in here, a feature request....

The ability to choose from different prefixes would be great. Around here, it works well for [Solved]; I run a writer's workshop and the users are asking for a way to quickly set their threads to [Submitted]; [Accepted]; [Rejected]. This help them, and the group, keep track of the statuses.

This is a great plugin, btw - I just wish I could get it to work!
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Check that is actually added the 'Prefixed' column to the Discussion table.
  • In setup we need special field for each prefix to allow set list of all categories that will use this prefix. So you could have different prefixes for different parts of your forum.
  • @lincoln - for some reason, the 'Prefixed' column wasn't added to the table, which is why it wasn't saving properly. I disabled and re-enabled the plugin and that created the table column. Thanks for the tips!
  • any chance we get some new options in an updated version?
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    @tester13 The code is on GitHub. Make the change and send me a pull request.

@leafboxtea Sweet, glad you got it working. I may add it at some point, but I'm trying to focus my little bit of time on core improvements wherever possible.
  • @Lincoln - I am not extremely good PHP coder and have not much free time now, but I'll try to do few things soon.
    In reality, I am UX designer and I hope that you could use it :-)