Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

SOLVED: Modify profile view in custom theme

I'm looking to simply add a link (http://example.com/username) to all profiles. I can't seem to find any documentation on how to modify anything within the content area. Please point me in the correct direction. Thanks!

Comments

• edited March 2011
    Found the file:

dashboard/views/profile/info.php

Now how do I make changes to this in my theme? I don't want to mess with any core files.

EDIT: Wrong file. Still on the hunt.
  • lucluc ✭✭
    I'd say: applications/vanilla/views/discussion/profile.php

Copy the file to views/discussion/profile.php in your theme dir (IIRC)
  • @luc That doesn't seem to be it. I'm looking at modifying the "About" area.
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    applications/dashboard/views/profile/info.php
  • edited March 2011
    applications/dashboard/views/profile/info.php
    @Lincoln I've copied the file into /my_theme/views/profile, made a few test changes but they aren't showing up. Is this the correct location?

EDIT: I also made edits to the original and nothing showed up. Is there some template caching going on that I don't know about?
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    No, no template caching. Possible your server is, but unlikely.

You're looking at the "About" sidebar with "Visits" and all that on a profile page like this, right?
  • I've got no fancy caching on my server and that is the correct spot I'm trying to edit.

I've edited both applications/dashboard/views/profile/info.php and themes/theme name/views/profile/info.php with no results.
  • edited March 2011
    SOLVED. The correct file is:

/dashboard/views/modules/userinfo.php
This discussion has been closed.