Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

[Solved] Importing a large export to Vanilla 2

edited March 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I've been trying to get my vBulletin export to upload into the Vanilla 2 export, but to no avail. The exporting process with the Vanilla plugin was easy enough, but it produced at 50 MB file (expected).

I go to the import section of the dashboard in my completely new Vanilla 2 installation and attempt to upload, but clearly it's too large. So I've uploaded it directly to the uploads folder on my server and punched in the admin email and password of the vBulletin forum. But then it says that upload failed.

Am I doing something wrong here? Shouldn't I be able to bypass this part and go to the "start import" page since I've already got the export uploaded?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Yeah, you should be able to bypass by uploading directly to uploads folder. Is it in the /uploads folder directly (not a subfolder) and is it still named the same as when you exported?

Maybe clear cache / hard refresh the page to make sure it still isn't looking for the partially-uploaded file?
  • Options
    Didn't change the export name at all and it's in a subfolder of uploads (/uploads/import).

I cleared the cache and all that too. Nothing.
  • Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Forgive me, I forget: does it instruct you to put it in the 'import' subfolder? Might give it a shot in the root 'upload' folder.
  • Options
    Darn you! It was that indeed. Honestly don't recall why or how that happened. I guess I need more sleep. The import was a success.
This discussion has been closed.