Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

How to delete or cleanup ALL messages/topics?

edited March 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
How do I cleanup/delete all messages in my discussion board? Including all categories.

Inside a topic: how to "default" to sort by "date" (instead of sort by most popular)? I want to set all my topics to sort by date by default.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited March 2011
    Delete everything permanently?

truncate table GDN_Comment; truncate table GDN_Discussion; truncate table GDN_Category;

Run that in MySQL or however you query a database on your host.
  • Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    By default, discussions order by date of last comment. To order by the date of the original post, add this to conf/config.php:

$Configuration['Vanilla']['Discussions']['SortField'] = 'd.DateInserted';
  • Options
    By default, discussions order by date of last comment. To order by the date of the original post, add this to conf/config.php:
    $Configuration['Vanilla']['Discussions']['SortField'] = 'd.DateInserted';
    I meant, answers to discussion. For example: In this discussion, the posts/answers are ordered by "votes" by default. How to make it sort by "date added" by default?

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Oh. That's something to do with the Voting plugin; I don't know. I've had it by Date Added so long I forgot there was a different default.