Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Exporting a forum hosted on Vanillaforums.com

edited March 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I would like to eventually export my forum (http://itjustbugsme.vanillaforums.com) to another server. It seems that the normal process of exporting and importing forums only works if I can unzip a file onto the server, which I cannot do with my Vanillaforums.com-hosted forums. Is there any way for me to export it anyways or will I just have to bite the bullet and start the forum anew?

Comments

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Yes, contact support@vanillaforums.com and they'll give you a hand.
  • Options
    Thanks!
  • Options
    Mind if I ask why this action requires dedicated support?

As a (prospective) customer, what I read into this is unnecessary lock-in. Vanilla Forums is open source software. It's only natural that some users will eventually have the technical savvy and needs to fully control their own site. WordPress.com for instance completely acknowledges this trend.
  • Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited August 2011
    //edit I'm sorry I thought I was replying to your earlier discussion. The simple answer here is that the feature didn't/doesn't exist yet and they need to do it manually.