Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Sudden fatal error

mklmkl
edited March 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I have not tried to upgrade to a newer version. Suddenly the forum started to spit out this error message:
Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/foobar/public_html/forum/applications/controllers/class.controller.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/foobar/public_html/forum/library/core/class.dispatcher.php on line 529

Any ideas?
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    Only idea I have is to doublecheck the path to class.controller.php and see if there are any problems with the rights. I know you haven't changed anything, but you never know if there are some rights problems at the moment on your server.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    mklmkl
    edited March 2011
    Thanks for your reply.
    Seems the /applications/controllers is missing. conversations, dashboard, skeleton and vanilla are the only folders present in /applications/.
    If I take a look in the latest version of Vanilla downloaded from here: http://vanillaforums.org/get/vanilla-core/1 I can't seem to find a "controllers" folder either. Am I missing something?
  • Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    That path isn't supposed to exist, so no, you're not missing anything. The path should be /applications/core/library to get to class.controller.php.

Possible problem with the dispatcher. @Tim?
  • Options
    TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    That is pretty strange. What version are you running there, @mkl ?

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• Options
    @Tim, I'm running 2.0.16 according to index.php. I've spoken to my hosting company and they claim they are not having any temporary problems with the server I'm on.
  • Options
    mklmkl
    edited March 2011
    require_once(CombinePaths(array(PATH_APPLICATIONS, $this->_ApplicationFolder, 'controllers', 'class.'.strtolower($this->_ApplicationFolder).'controller.php'))); seems to be on line 529 inclass.dispatcher.php.
  • Options
    Yeah. Thats some dirty dirty tomfoolery. We've taken that crap out in our current version. I'm not sure what else to tell you. Does this happen on a page that should normally work?

Have you tried deleting all your *.ini files in cache/ ?

• Options
    @Tim, thank you! Deleted the .ini files in cache/ and now I'm able to view pages and log in.
    All pages were inaccessible before I did this. Perhaps I should try to update ASAP.
  • Options
    If its working now, you can either upgrade or wait till the next version (which will be major). Your choice ;)

• Options
    Had the same problem. Occurred when the username on the account was changed. Manually updated the database configuration settings but ended up with this error.

Fix works like a charm. Thanks a lot!