Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Fatal Error class.dispatcher.php

edited March 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hi,

I have had my forum running just fine on Vanilla 2.0.17.8, but all of a sudden I'm getting this error:

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/nfs/c03/h07/mnt/XXXX/domains/WWW/html/applications/controllers/class.controller.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php-5.2.14-2/share/pear') in /nfs/c03/h07/mnt/XXXX/domains/WWW/html/library/core/class.dispatcher.php on line 531

Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited March 2011
    It's a bug in the dispatcher. I'm drawing a blank and can't remember the cure (if there is one yet) so I shall ping @Tim to rescue me.
  • Options
    Looking forward to the cure... I hope it comes sooner rather than later because our forum has been down for the past week...
  • Options
    tra la la la im testing this
  • Options
    Me too! WTF! Worked fine on the 23rd. 24th opened site and got:

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/mnt/r0236/d41/s19/b01bdb71/www/mlc/applications/controllers/class.controller.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/nf/php5_2/lib/php') in /mnt/r0236/d41/s19/b01bdb71/www/mlc/library/core/class.dispatcher.php on line 511

How does one figure out how to fix this?
  • Options
    TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    Try clearing out your cache/*.ini files and tell me if that works. If it does, its a bug with the library map i'd say.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• Options
    Tim i see the cache files. What do i do to clear them?
    delete them?
  • Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Yes.
  • Options
    I deleted the controller_map.ini file and now forums are working again!
    Thanks for that Tim, hopefully this bug will be fixed soon. Do you know if there's something we can do to avoid it?
  • Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    At the moment, no, just remember to delete the ini files if it happens. I'm not sure if Tim knows what's triggering it yet. I have yet to run into it; wondering if it's some combination of settings and/or plugins.
  • Options
    If it helps, I've got the following plugins enabled: Flagging, Mark All Viewed, Private Community, Tagging and Vanilla Statistics.

Let me know if you need anything else to help reproduce the error.