Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

just picked up a motorola xoom...

ddumontddumont ✭✭
edited March 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
The mobile theme looks great on it but I'd rather use the full theme. :-)
Can you point me to where the user agent sniffing happens so that I can submit a patch?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Comments

• Options
    nm I found it.
    https://github.com/vanillaforums/Garden/pull/846

I updated my pull request because there's still something in there I need pulled into unstable. (pretty please :)

• Options
    @Todd @Mark
    Can you guys enable this on the forum here? I'd like to use the full site :)

• Options
    lucluc ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    @ddumont, In the meantime, you could use a different browser (I don't remember the name but it exist in multiple flavor, ie. mini, full, hd or stuff like that).
    My wife got one on android where you can switch from mobile to regular view (I'm assuming it is just changing the user agent it sends)

edit: dolphin browser IIRC.
  • Options
    ddumontddumont ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    I'd rather use built in chrome for a multitude of reasons.

I'll live with the mobile site till they can adjust the setting here. I've already got it working on my site, so here's really is all that's left.

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Looks like Todd pulled, so it'll make it here next time they grab from unstable.
  • Options
    Sweetness

• Options
    lucluc ✭✭
    dolphin use the internal one underneath.
  • Options
    I still would rather use the stock one. It sync my chrome bookmarks and everything...
    Anyway, they accepted my pull request so it should go live soon.

• Options
    Hooray! Thanks for pulling my fix and for refreshing the forum here.

Looks great!

• Options
    Shouldn't there be an option to view the "full" version of the site, regardless of browser sniffing? I know, depending on the device I'm using, it's really frustrating to not be given the choice.

A link to switch between mobile and standard web, or an option in a user's profile? I'd really like these.
  • Options
    lucluc ✭✭
    That's planned, but not done yet.
  • Options
    RogRog
    edited April 2011
    @luc: Awesome. I'll look forward to that then.

Overall, the mobile theme is quite nice. Looks great on multiple devices I've tried (iPod Touch, Samsung Galaxy S Captivate, Samsung Galaxy Spica and HTC Magic+).

Some theme options for colour choices would be nice too, but just icing on the cake. =)