Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

how to remove a parameter "alt" and "tittle" from avatars of visitors ?

battersbatters New
edited April 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I have instead of a tip to the visitor's avatar appear such marks% D0% B3% D0% BE% D1% 81% D1% 82% D1% 8C + probably because I use Russian letters in behalf of users. How do I change the encoding, I don `t know, can anyone knows in what file and what line you want to remove to have pictures of visitors to disable settings: "alt" and "tittle"
Tagged:

Comments

• yu_tangyu_tang New
    edited April 2011
    See /library/core/functions.render.php.
    You'll find a function UserPhoto().
    You may also check Link() in /library/core/class.theme.php.
    Both fxs puts UserName to urlencode().
  • battersbatters New
    edited April 2011
    See /library/core/functions.render.php.
    You'll find a function UserPhoto().
    You may also check Link() in /library/core/class.theme.php.
    Both fxs puts UserName to urlencode().
    thanks for the help, I changed the file /library/core/functions.render.php in 2 lines 259 and 260. was so:
    259 return '<a title="'.urlencode($User->Name).'" href="'.Url('/profile/'.$User->UserID.'/'.urlencode($User->Name)).'"'.$CssClass.'>' 260 .Img($PhotoUrl, array('alt' => urlencode($User->Name)))

and now so:
    259 return '<a '.$CssClass.'>' 260 .Img($PhotoUrl, array())

and now works as expected
    but in the file /library/core/class.theme.php I do not find what you want to change, because do not understand the code
  • What is your version of Vanilla?
    The code I mentioned was added to class.theme.php in v2.0.17.
    https://github.com/vanillaforums/Garden/commit/1051911e829c3c1f729b6b179713c7c6ed708b22#L15R70
    Not exists if you are using older version.
    in file class.theme.php exists only this line (29 line) with the word "Link" public static function Link($Path, $Text = FALSE, $Format = '<a href="%url" class="%class">%text</a>', $Options = array()) {
  • Yes, that is Link() function head.
    Now you can look into function body.
    https://github.com/vanillaforums/Garden/blob/Vanilla_2.0.17.9/library/core/class.theme.php#L68
    Truth 'alt' is out there.
  • Thanks, found the 68 line inside the function body changed it with the original

$ Text = Img ($ PhotoUrl, array ('alt' => urlencode ($ Session-> User-> Name)));
    at:
    $ Text = Img ($ PhotoUrl, array ());
    while working as before, I did not notice the change, it should have been required to do?
    in any case no longer a pop-up prompts and the alternate text instead of images
  • I don't know exactly where the Link() function is called. Maybe Smarty templates or something uses.
    I just realized that also the Link() function set url-encoded user name to 'alt' attribute, so let you know that.
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    This has been fixed for the next version, thanks.