Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Now Opera doesn't understand?

Comments

• Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    Spooky, "ACID" or "ACID2" is not necessarily a standardized test fyi... It's a wasp project not so much a w3c project spec. Just because a browser can pass or come close to rendering the acid test, doesn't necessarily mean it supports standards correctly. It just means it can pass outshine all the old rendering flaws.
  • Options
    The ACID/2 test is not to be taken literally. It was designed to see how browsers handle CSS failure.
  • Options
    He was whining about CSS. The ACID2 standard measures CSS standard compliance/implementation. Opera surpases Firefox in this regard. Overall, Firefox supports more w3c standards (though Opera 9.0 is catching up with them) like XSLT and other XML transformation rubbish that should be on the server side instead of a browser. Having to compete to implement server side stuff takes away resources from CSS, XHTML, and other client side technologies. But this is another can of worms.
  • Options
    last time i checked, it wasn't possible to 'insult' a non-human entity
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    edited January 2006
    In college I used to listen to a band called "Acid Test".
  • Options
    Are they good? It sounds like a name for a trash metal band.
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    I liked them at the time, but I bet they sucked.
    It was a wierd hip-hop kind of thing.
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    "I liked them at the time, but I bet they sucked. "

The first 20 years of my life, summed up into one sentence.

Exhibit A: I own two Creed albums, and I'm jewish.
  • Options
    I own a Shaggy CD.

Mr Boombastic.
  • Options
    Sppoky, you are a drooling retard.

See? That was easy, to bitch to someone not knowing them, I have no proof that you are aforementioned drooling and/or metally challenged, but still I was able to say it.

So maybe you should take that rake out of your ass and listen to me when I say:

"True, Opera supports grander number of standards than FF, but FF definedly is more fine tuned on the standards it supports. Opera just doesn't seem to present the content correctly."

And if you still don't understand what I'm about, then you might want to think how much meaning your precious ACID test has to do with anything in the standards compliant scene. Sure it represents many different standards but does it mean a proverbial "flying fuck" when it comes to TRUE compliance?

Example: a car has a top speed of 300mph, how much it helps you in everyday driving when most of the roads have speedlimits.
  • Options
    i love browser flamewars
  • Options
    Okay, your obviously imature; so, I won't have a discussion with you.
  • Options
    Immature? I'm a professional web developer and mr. spook comes here to "Insulting Opera for your weaknesses in design knowledge" and I'm immature? Spooky, I suggest that you lay off the guilt before you know the person you are blaming thoroughly, I have been learning and actually teching standards compliant design and development for couple of years now, so believe me, when I see a flaw, it is a flaw. So you might want to consider your stance on your suggested position of me "blaming my weakness on software" before you make yout final conclusion boy.
  • Options
    You are one arrogant .... some one close this thread.
  • Options
    teehee
  • Options
    No, I am the one who is arrogant!
  • Options
    I am sparticus!
  • Options
    I AM arrogant, but you are severely ignorant. And this thread didn't need closing before you posted here.
  • Options
    I'm Brian.... and so is my wife!
This discussion has been closed.