Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Archiving?

edited April 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hello!

Is it possible for an admin to archive other otherwise hide specific topics, and later un-hide them if desired?
Tagged:

Comments

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    You can archive all posts before a specific date.

Alternatively, you could make a private category and move discussions in and out of it as a pseudo-archiving function.
  • Cool, that's what I need to know!

As for making a "Private" category, who can it be private for? Can I specify which members?
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Yes, just customize the permissions for it. You'd need to put the "special" members with access in a new role together if they don't already share one.
  • Lincoln said:

Alternatively, you could make a private category and move discussions in and out of it as a pseudo-archiving function.

Hey where is this archiving feature? I am looking through documentation and not seeing it.

• hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP

troppmann said:

Lincoln said:

Hey where is this archiving feature? I am looking through documentation and not seeing it.

the date based archival is on the dashboard under forum --> advanced.

• Thank you!!!