Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Does this work?

edited April 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Ok , I have a few issues I been trying to fix to get this to work, and reallly hope its something I am doing that is causing it not to work.. I am using
Vanilla Proxyconnect 1.9.3 and Vanilla 2.0.17.9. I got everything installed. but here are my issues.

Starting at home page, cleared all cookies on site and logged out of both site and vanilla for each one

1. I click sign in, and i sign in. I click on forums it takes me to vanilla forum but the forum still says sign-in

2. I click on forums, and it takes me to the vanilla forum. When i click sign in , it shows my sign in screen (header, page, and footer) embed inside my normal header, footer. If i sign in there, it then takes me to my normal home page (after signing in) I click on forum, it takes me to the vanilla forums with the forum still saying sign in. If i click it again, it starts all over but with the new sign in screen embedded inside the first embedded sign in screen..if that makes any sense..

3. Now for some reason its doing something else... if i sign out of vanilla, then sign out of site. Then login site, click forums and click on the vanilla sign in , it will log me in as noone, ..

Any idea on what i can try to fix this?
Thanks
Squills

Comments

• Options
    Short answer. No. It is not currently functioning properly. And the dev responses are sporadic in regards to it (as I'm sure they have other projects they are more focused on)

Refer to this topic and you will see there are loads of us that cannot get this to work right: http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/15492/manual-integration-on-2.0.17.-
  • Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Sorry for the sporadic responses! ProxyConnect is a pretty technical/specialized piece so there's only a couple devs who know enough about it to help and they're busy working on the next release.
  • Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited April 2011
    One thing you might do is file this as an issue on GitHub with as much info as possible so that it's not lost in the shuffle. https://github.com/vanillaforums/Garden/issues