Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Howto: Navigate to recent posts?

v2kv2k
edited April 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Users are finding it hard to track threads sometimes. I'm using the voting plugin, yet everyone seems to prefer viewing by date. That said, it would be nice when you open up a discussion it takes you to the new posts by default. Perhaps a link to the last post of the thread would help?

Say a thread is 5 pages long and you see a '2 new' notify on the discussions page. You click the topic; it opens to page one. Now you have to go to the bottom of the page and advance until you're at page 5.. to get to the new content.

Am I missing something or is there already something to handle this better?

Comments

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    This is a bug in the Voting plugin; Vanilla jumps to the latest post by default.
  • Options
    Thanks. So http://vanillaforums.org has the same issue I guess. That's unfortunate.

It would be nice to be able to enable/disable voting per category or thread...
  • Options
    When I turn voting off, the default board doesn't seem to jump to new posts.
  • Options
    This doesn't work at all. It would be really nice to have a link to the latest post. I don't get how this is usable as is.
  • Options
    lucluc ✭✭
    I do go to the latest post here, on vf.org, no issue.
  • Options
    Anyone figure something out for this?

It would be extremely nice if click '2 new', '3new', etc would take you to the newest posts.
  • Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    This is a bug in the Voting plugin. In normal Vanilla, you will always go to the newest post.
  • Options
    I guess I'd rather it didn't go to the newest post unless you wanted it to. Like a quick link.