Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Vanilla 1 update server

SubJunkSubJunk ✭✭
edited April 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Vanilla 1 has been unable to check for updates for a long time and I remember last time that happened it was a problem with the central server, which Mark fixed for a while.
Could someone please fix it?

Comments

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Maybe server maven @Tim can assist.
  • Options
    Cool :) Maybe tag @Mark too since he will know what he did last time
  • Options
    SubJunkSubJunk ✭✭
    Hey guys, been about a month so just a reminder about this. No rush :)
  • Options
    I too notice that vanilla 1 upates are not being found and before moving to v2, I would like to see v1 fully updated. Is there any action to report on this issue?
  • Options
    Bump for the new month, any news? :)
  • Options
    TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    edited June 2011
    @SubJunk, do you have vanilla 1 running somewhere? Can you tell me what server it tries to ping, and on what URL?

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• Options
  • Options
    Bump for the new month :)
  • Options
    Is Vanilla 1 still even getting any more updates?
  • Options
    Sure, I released the latest version a couple of months ago and there will be others in the future :)
    https://code.google.com/p/lussumo-vanilla/downloads/list
  • Options
    Bump for the new month
  • Options
    Please let me know if it's not going to be fixed guys, then I can stop posting reminders :)
  • Options
    Maybe it can be hosted somewhere else, because that's indeed annoying on v1 install :)
  • Options
    Yeah, I could easily change it so that future versions look at a different address, but the current versions of the forum will still look at the older address so that doesn't help us much
  • Options
    We will just need to have a simple redirect on vanilla side to the new server/url.
  • Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    I heard that the only person who has access to that URL is @Mark and he's swamped. I'll see if I can finagle a solution out of him (or at least a password & a pointer) sometime in the next few weeks.
  • Options
    I can host something if need be, hopefully it won't overrun my server :).
  • Options
    @Lincoln: That would be awesome, thanks. If he or you could also get me the page at http://lussumo.com/updatecheck/default.php so I can update the URL on the next release that would be great. I could work out its code but no point writing something that's already been written.
    That way if it breaks again at least some people will have the new URL.
  • Options
    6+ month bump :)
  • Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Sorry dude, was pretty booked while I was up there. I'll fire Mark an email and see if I can get access. I don't even know where that domain's pointed.